This vegetarian-friendly dish requires just a few easy steps, but yields a flavorful meal.
For a satisfyingly simple meal, look no further than our One-Pot Carrot and Broccoli Couscous. This vegetarian-friendly dish requires just a few easy steps and yields a deliciously filling and flavorful meal. You only need one pot to whip up this fabulous dish. It’s a stress-free meal with minimal cleanup. What’s better than that?
This recipe combines clean, nutrient-rich ingredients like broccoli florets and chopped carrots with a wholesome starch: whole-wheat couscous. The fiber-rich produce paired with low-glycemic couscous will supply a steady release of energy and keep you full for hours. Simply cook the veggies, add the couscous, wait ten minutes, and voila! Your aromatic dinner is ready to be savored.
One-Pot Carrot and Broccoli Couscous
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup carrots thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup onions chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 1/3 cups chicken broth or vegetable, low-sodium
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 2/3 cup couscous
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt more to taste
- Add olive oil to the bottom of a saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and carrots and cook for 5 to 8 minutes, or until onions are translucent and carrots slightly tenders. Add garlic and cook for additional 30 seconds. Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Add broccoli and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until fork tender, but still bright green. Remove from heat.
- Stir in couscous, cover, and allow to sit for 10 minutes for couscous to absorb liquid.
- Fluff with fork and enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Can’t get enough SkinnyMs.? Like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest for the best clean eating tips around. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter! You’ll get the skinny straight from the source.
How do you like your couscous? Let us know in the comment section below!