Now you can eat this amazing dish whenever you want!
Chicken Parmesan is an all-time favorite, and this version will allow you to actually enjoy it guilt free! If you love indulging in Italian dishes, you will love our revamped version of this classic. Our healthy chicken parmesan recipe is perfect for a special occasion meal or just when your family is craving Italian. We’ve cleaned up the classic version and we use only healthy, whole ingredients, so there is no need to worry about chemicals or unnatural ingredients in this dish. It’s still hearty and filling, but you’ll love the lightened up version with this healthier spin.
Check out these Easy and Delicious Chicken Recipes.
Healthy Chicken Parmesan
- 32 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast 4 (8-ounce) breasts
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup whole wheat panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 4 cups marinara sauce no-sugar added
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder and parmesan cheese. Mix well.
- Put the egg whites into a medium bowl as well and whisk with a fork to loosen them up a bit. About 1-2 minutes should do the trick.
- Set up an "assembly line" workstation. First comes the plate of raw chicken, then a bowl with the egg whites, and lastly the bread crumb mixture.
- Dip a chicken breast into the egg whites, being sure to coat both sides well. Then dip into the bread crumbs and turn several times to coat well. Place the chicken on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining chicken breasts.
- Bake at 350 F. for approximately 40-50 minutes. The chicken should be at least 165 F. on a thermometer. Bake until it reaches that temperature. If you are adding mozzarella, sprinkle some on in the last 5 minutes of baking. Watch carefully and remove the moment cheese is melted.
- Serve with some marinara poured over the top. No need to warm it first because the chicken will still be hot if served immediately.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our daily eNewsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection – 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.