Giving up your favorite desserts to lead a healthy lifestyle can be difficult, to say the least…especially if you have a raging sweet tooth! Thanks to our Chocolate Covered Cheesecake Bites, you don’t have to give sweets up completely! We’ve mixed low-fat cream cheese with Greek yogurt, vanilla, coconut sugar, and egg to make the cheesecake, then dipped them in dark chocolate.
These little cheesecake bites are a perfect bite of creamy sweetness with a slight tang. They’re perfect for just a bit of something sweet with your lunch every day, or for a healthier dessert option for a get-together!
Yields: 12 servings | Calories: 272 | Total Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 90mg | Carbohdyrates: 24g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 21g | Protein: 5g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 14
- 8 ounces room temperature reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 12 ounces dark chocolate
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray an 8 x 8-inch square pan with nonstick cooking spray. Mix together the cream cheese, yogurt, vanilla extract, coconut sugar and egg. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes until cheesecake is set. Let cool, the cut into 1x1 inch square.
- Meanwhile, heat dark chocolate and coconut oil over low-medium heat on the stove. Once it is thoroughly melted, turn off the heat. Dip cheesecake bites into chocolate. Once all bites are chocolate covered, place into fridge to cool.
Other recipes to try:
What are your favorite clean eating desserts? How did this one turn out for you? Let us know in the comments section below!