15 Minutes to a light meal or a superfood side dish!
Have you made quinoa a regular part of your healthy eating plan? If not, our citrus quinoa salad serves as a good introduction to the nutty taste and numerous nutritional benefits of this ancient seed. Full of veggies and nuts, this salad is tossed with a light citrus dressing that makes it a refreshing side dish for a spring or summer barbecue. You can serve this quinoa dish with a piece of grilled chicken or fish for a complete meal. Plus, it has the added benefit of being gluten-free.
We love the fact that quinoa cooks up quickly. You can prepare dishes like this citrus quinoa salad for a light meal or side without spending an hour in the kitchen! Fifteen minutes on the stove is all it takes. Just toss your quinoa with the rest of the ingredients and you’re done. Learn more about quinoa’s superfood benefits here.
You might also like our Quinoa Recipe eBook or:
Citrus Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup edamame frozen, thawed
- 1/4 cup almonds sliced
- 1/4 cup coconut unsweetened, shredded
- 1 orange juiced and zested
- 1 shallot small, minced
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- sea salt to taste
- pepper freshly ground, to taste
- Put the quinoa in a pot with 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and cover and simmer until liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Allow to cool completely. (Alternately, you can use leftover cooked quinoa you may have in your fridge.)
- Combine the quinoa with the bell pepper, edamame, almonds, and coconut. Toss until well mixed.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a jar or other container with a lid. Shake vigorously until well mixed. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the quinoa with the dressing and chill until ready to serve.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.