Quinoa Vegetable Stir Fry is a delicious and flavorful dish with an Asian flair. The combination of vegetables, egg, and quinoa not only tastes delectable, but also provides a huge source of protein and fiber. By substituting the rice usually found in stir-fry with quinoa, we turn a popular side dish into a nutritional powerhouse with an even better taste.
Watch this video to see how to make Quinoa & Vegetable Stir-Fry.
Quinoa and Vegetable Stir-Fry
- 1 cup quinoa pre-rinsed
- 2 cups vegetable broth optional chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 1 cup carrots finely diced
- 1/2 cup green onions minced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup peas frozen (thawed)
- 2 eggs beaten (omit for vegetarian)
- 2 tablespoons lite soy sauce optional gluten-free soy sauce, tamari or bragg liquid aminos, more or less to taste
- salt optional
- In a medium saucepan, add quinoa and broth, turn to medium-high heat, cover, bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook until all liquid has been absorbed, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Refrigerate quinoa until cold, approximately two hours. Save time by cooking ahead and make the stir-fry the next day.
- In a large skillet, heat oils to medium-low heat, add carrots and green onions, cover and cook until tender, approximately 8 minutes. Add garlic, cook one additional minute. Add quinoa and peas, cook until heated through, 5 to 6 minutes.
- If using eggs, push quinoa to the sides of the skillet, add eggs and scramble. Stir to combine scrambled eggs with quinoa mixture. Add soy sauce and cook just until heated, about 1 minute.