Ditch cheesy broccoli for this tasty alternative.
Hunting for a healthy lunch that’s light, but filling? How about a side dish that’s better for your health and your weight than typical cheesy broccoli? Dig into this delish creamy broccoli salad recipe.
Broccoli is a superfood that deserves to be on everyone’s menu. This green powerhouse delivers substances that aid the body’s natural detox system. What’s more, its ability to offer both antioxidants and anti-inflammatories may lower the risk of some types of cancer, including colon, breast, and bladder cancer. Broccoli may also reduce the risk of prostate cancer, so serve this brown rice and broccoli salad to the men in your life, too!
To make this salad a meal, simply add sliced chicken. If you’d like more broccoli superfood recipes, try Broccoli Tarts or Chicken and Broccoli Pasta Toss Recipe.
Creamy Brown Rice, Apple, and Broccoli Salad
For the Salad
- 1 cup long-grain brown rice cooked
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 yellow delicious apple chopped into cubes
- 1 apple slightly tart, chopped into cubes
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup walnuts chopped
- 1/4 almonds diced
For the Dressing
- 1/2 cup yogurt non-fat plain or non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Skinny Ms. Ranch Seasoning optional, any ranch seasoning works
- Add broccoli to a steamer and steam until slightly tender. Allow to cool before adding to the salad.
- Toss together all of the salad ingredients in a bowl. Pour in the dressing, mix well, and serve.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Check out Skinny Ms. on Pinterest.
Like us on Facebook to discover tasty recipes (such as the broccoli salad recipe above), clean-eating resources, and healthy lifestyle tips.
I really enjoyed I added extra table by spoon on herbs for ranch dressing delicious a d making the dressing night before we give more flavor yum
Alice, Thank you for the feedback.