Ditch cheesy broccoli for this tasty alternative.
Hunting for a healthy lunch that’s light, but filling? How about a side dish that’s better for your health and your weight than typical cheesy broccoli? Dig into this delish creamy broccoli salad recipe.
Broccoli is a superfood that deserves to be on everyone’s menu. This green powerhouse delivers substances that aid the body’s natural detox system. What’s more, its ability to offer both antioxidants and anti-inflammatories may lower the risk of some types of cancer, including colon, breast, and bladder cancer. Broccoli may also reduce the risk of prostate cancer, so serve this brown rice and broccoli salad to the men in your life, too!
Creamy Brown Rice, Apple, and Broccoli Salad
For the Salad
- 1 cup long-grain brown rice cooked
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 yellow delicious apple chopped into cubes
- 1 apple slightly tart, chopped into cubes
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup walnuts chopped
- 1/4 almonds diced
For the Dressing
- 1/2 cup yogurt non-fat plain or non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk almond
- 1 teaspoon Herbes de Provence
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add broccoli to a steamer and steam until slightly tender. Allow to cool before adding to the salad.
- Toss together all of the salad ingredients in a bowl. Pour in the dressing, mix well, and serve.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Check out Skinny Ms. on Pinterest.