Indulge your skin with this body butter recipe.
Spa trips are lovely, but why not treat yourself to a nourishing skin treatment at home? We love discovering a DIY body butter recipe, so we’re sharing this one with you. The star of this recipe is avocado, that delicious, clean eating food that nurtures the skin as well. Try this DIY Avocado Body Butter—it’s not as hard to prep as you might think!
Ingredients & Why They Work:
Avocado Butter: The avocado is a smart choice for nourishing your body nutritionally, but it’s a winner when it comes to nourishing your skin as well. The avocado’s monounsaturated fatty acids keep the skin hydrated and soft. It’s high in vitamin C too, a natural antioxidant that helps cells maintain structure and firmness. Avocados are also rich in another antioxidant, vitamin E, which is believed to help maintain healthy skin.
Essential Oils: These highly concentrated plant components are especially prized for their ability to reduce stress. Aromatherapy methods utilizing essential oils have long been used to promote relaxation and enhance well-being. The lemongrass extract in this body butter recipe offers antibacterial and antimicrobial properties. It’s also believed to act as a natural deodorant.
Green Tea Extract: This DIY body butter recipe ingredient delivers antioxidants that may slow down the natural aging process. It may offer antibacterial and antiviral properties as well.
14 oz. Avocado butter
5 oz. Meadowfoam oil
1 oz. Green tea extract
6 ml. Lemongrass essential oil
5 tsp. Dry Flo, or substitute with modified cornstarch
How to Make DIY Body Butter with Avocado:
- Chunk avocado butter into smaller pieces.
- Place chunked avocado butter in a mixing bowl.
- Mix on Low for 1 minute, and then increase to High until it gets a fluffy consistency.
- Add remaining ingredients. Stir gently.
- Mix on Low about 30 seconds, until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Increase speed to Medium for an additional 30 seconds, and then mix on High for another minute, or until the consistency is fluffy with soft peaks.
- Store in a container, like a Mason jar or an old cosmetics jar.
DIY body butter recipes are one way to care for your skin and keep it looking fresh and hydrated. But did you know that what you eat can affect how your skin looks too? Check out:
Get the skinny on the latest recipes from Skinny Ms.—subscribe to our newsletter today.