In order to feel comfortable in our skin, we need to nourish it. Although we eat, exercise, and take great care of our bodies, some of our trickiest beauty woes are out of our hands. Cellulite affects 90% of women and can be caused by various factors. Genetics, diet, dehydration, hormone changes, and even a poor metabolism are contributing factors. Contrary to belief, cellulite affects all women, regardless of size. We’re providing you with another great DIY recipe that is all natural and invigorating to use.
Ingredients & Why They Work:
Coffee – The caffeine in coffee, when directly applied to the skin, stimulates blood flow and circulation to the target area. This helps with cell regeneration and the tightening of skin. The ground coffee’s texture is also an exfoliant which removes dead cells and loose skin, giving new skin cells an opportunity to receive proper moisture and nutrients.
Coconut Oil – Coconut oil is a wonderful natural moisturizer for the skin. It contains vitamin E which is beneficial in growth and repair of skin. It also works to keep skin smooth and prevents premature wrinkling.
What to Do:
1. The coffee can be taken directly from packaging or you can use coffee grounds that have been used in your coffee machine. If using directly from a package, simply strain the coffee grounds until moist.
2. Add 1/4 cup of coffee grounds into a bowl.
3. The coconut oil should be in a liquid form. Many brands are sold as a solid. Take 3 tablespoons and melt them in a small pan. Once liquefied add the coconut oil into the bowl with the coffee.
4. Mix the two ingredients until they form a paste like substance.
5. Massage the mixture into the problem area(s) for a 2-3 minutes. Once you are done, wipe off the mixture with a damp towel.
6. Pour the remainder into a mason jar or any air tight container. Use this scrub 2-3 times a week for optimal results. The mixture will slightly harden due to coconut oil’s natural state. Make sure you mix thoroughly before reusing.
7. You’re all set! No lasers and no liposuction. Natural ingredients and patience can usually get the job done!
Sources: WedMD, Wellness Mama, Organic Facts