Soften skin and make it glow!
Your body is your temple. When you think of a temple, you imagine something sacred, revered and pure. Sometimes temples can use a new revamp. We’re here to help reconstruct your temple.
Caring for your skin is always a priority. Between wind, rain, snow, and sun, the elements are rough on our skin. Naturally, our bodies can only do so much, so it’s up to us to add a little extra care to keep our skin healthy. In the tradition of always keeping it simple, we’ve created a body butter that will rejuvenate your skin, protect from the elements, give you a natural glow, and provide an aura that will turn heads. With shea butter, coconut oil, and any essential oil of your choice, you have unlimited options to perfect your temple.
Ingredients & Why They Work:
Shea Butter: 100% African Shea Butter is a given for any type of skincare. Made from the African Shea Tree, it contains a fatty acid which helps rejuvenate and moisturize skin. It protects skin, from sun and wind, helps heal wounds faster and repairs damaged and dry skin. It’s richness in vitamins E and F also make it a natural sunscreen. On a non-topical level, it can penetrate the skin and improve muscle relaxation. Add this to your bathroom cabinet.
Coconut Oil: Organic Coconut Oil is just as amazing as shea butter. Topically, it helps to clear acne, smooths wrinkles, fades age spots, and improve skin tone. Coconut oil has even more benefits when ingested. From increasing milk production for new mothers, eliminating bad breath and promoting weight loss, coconut oil is another important staple for modern day health.
Essential Oil: Essential oils provide aromatherapy. The number one benefit of aromatherapy is stress reduction. Just think about the scents you enjoy while cooking a meal, or walking past a bakery. Think lavender, rose, cinnamon, orange. It’s all up to you!
What to Do:
1. Prepare 1 cup of coconut oil and 1 cup of shea butter.
2. Place the shea butter into a mixing bowl smooth it out. Shea butter is naturally chunky, but to get the best product it needs to me smooth. You can use a fork or a potato masher.
3. Once it is smooth, add the cup of coconut oil and 5-10 drops of your essential oil of choice, depending on how strong or faint you want the scent.
4. Mix all ingredients, using a hand blender or stand mixer for 5 minutes or until the consistency is similar to whip cream.
5. That’s it! You can get a mason jar or old cosmetic jar and store your mix for later use. Nourish your body with this rich butter and begin to feel amazing all over again! You can use this butter from your neck down to your toes. Apply as needed.
Sources: SheaButterGuide, Babble