A veggie dish that tastes decadent!
To truly enjoy a vegetable, make it the star of the show! This Easy Roasted Cauliflower puts the spotlight on this versatile veggie, showing that, with the right mix of ingredients and culinary skill, this cruciferous vegetable can become anything you want it to be. In this case, we wanted to enjoy tender cauliflower with just a hint of lemon, a sprinkle of crunchy panko, and the savory goodness of Parmesan cheese. This simple vegetarian cauliflower recipe gives you all the flavor with none of the fat, calories, or simple, refined carbs.
Cauliflower is a nutritional superstar. Packed with fiber, this veggie is also a great source of vitamin C, vitamin K, folate, and vitamin B6. It even contains omega-3 fatty acids. And because of it’s mellow scent and tender texture, it fools your taste buds into thinking you’re eating something decadent, even when you’re chowing down on a vegetable that’s loaded with nutritional benefits! If you thought broccoli was good for you, wait until you try its cousin, the cauliflower, and add it to your meal plans as a regular part of your healthy eating plan!
This roasted cauliflower makes an excellent vegetarian main dish, with a side salad, but many of us enjoy it as a side with fish or chicken as our main course. A favorite of kids and adults alike, this cheesy cauliflower dish is a crowd-pleaser!
Easy Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower cut into 1/2-inch florets
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 2/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley freshly chopped
- 2/3 cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine panko and the remaining tablespoon of oil. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl toss to combine florets, salt, pepper, 3 tablespoons oil, and lemon juice. Evenly layer on a parchment-lined cooking sheet. Cook for 20 minutes. Sprinkle on prepared panko and cook an additional 15 minutes. Lastly, sprinkle with parsley and parmesan. Bake an additional 2-3 minutes.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
More Simple Roasted Vegetable Recipes:
Let us hear what you have to say about Skinny Ms. Feel free to leave a comment about this post or any Skinny Ms. Content.