A super versatile recipe to keep in your back pocket!
Every great chef keeps a few versatile recipes in their back pocket at all times. These are recipes that can be modified to fit any season or holiday. Our easy roasted vegetable flatbread is a great example of one of these go-to recipes! Not only is it super easy to make, but it can be modified to satisfy almost any craving or dietary preference. It can be made meat-heavy for the carnivores in the family, or make it vegetarian by using vegetable toppings and creamy cheese. It’s also super easy to make with all vegan and plant-based ingredients!
Our 3-Ingredient Flatbread is Budget-Friendly
When you’re on a tight budget, it can be challenging to take the jump and try new recipes. Luckily, our No-Yeast Flatbread only requires three staple ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen: Self-rising flour, Greek yogurt, and olive oil. They come together to create a super tasty crust for this easy flatbread. The additional toppings you choose to use are totally up to you, making it super easy to stick to a set budget.
Tasty Toppings for Any Time of Year
You may have a budget to stick to, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have some fun with the ingredient toppings! There are plenty of ways to add inexpensive flavors to your pizza. Here are some of our favorite ideas:
- Top your flatbread with white beans and kale for a comforting and nutritious vegetarian meal.
- Use a combination of winter root vegetables to add sweet flavors, like butternut squash, beets, carrots, or parsnips.
- In the summertime, choose light vegetables like zucchini, tomato, eggplants, or roasted red peppers.
- Be even more budget-friendly and use additional pantry staples such as pickled banana peppers and olives.
- Herbs and spices like fresh oregano, basil, thyme, and rosemary can all add a tremendous amount of flavor to a recipe without tacking on a bunch of calories.
Make it a Plant-Based Pizza
If you’re following a plant-based diet, you can easily make this flatbread vegan-friendly with just a few simple swaps. First, you’ll want to choose a dairy-free yogurt brand from your local grocery store to replace the Greek yogurt in the flatbread. Additionally, instead of the ricotta and Parmesan, make our plant-based cheese spread. The flatbreads taste great without cheese, too!
This mouthwatering recipe is perfect for sharing. Cut the flatbread into six or eight pieces and bring it as an appetizer to your family’s holiday get-together. It’s a great way to impress all of your guests the next time you host a party. Of course, you can always just make it for yourself too! It’s a fantastic light dinner, and this flatbread tastes just as good leftover for lunch the next day.
Easy Roasted Vegetable Flatbread
- 1 full flatbread recipe divided into four dough balls
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 Portobello mushroom sliced
- 1 beet medium, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 parsnip large, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 sweet potato small, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 red onion small, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove thinly sliced
- kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary minced
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Make the flatbread recipe as instructed, dividing it into four dough balls.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough ball into 10x5-inch ovals. Brush the ovals with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Bake the flatbread for 5 to 10 minutes, until the bread is golden brown and lightly puffed. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, toss the vegetables with the remaining olive oil and salt and pepper, to taste. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until tender when pierced with a fork.
- Spread the ricotta cheese over the cooked flatbreads. Add the cooked vegetables, fresh thyme and rosemary, and the red pepper flakes. Top the flatbreads with the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for an additional 5 minutes to warm the dough through. Cut each flatbread into six triangles and serve warm.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Did you make this easy roasted vegetable flatbread yet? What veggies did you use? Did you add any other fun ingredients? We want to know! Be sure to share your thoughts with us in the comment section!
More Healthy Pizza ideas!
If you enjoyed this recipe and want to try others like it, we think you’d also like to try these healthy pizza recipes:
- Thin Crust Spinach and Egg Breakfast Pizza
- Zucchini Crusted Pizza
- Sweet Potato Crusted Pizza
- Whole Wheat Pita Pizza
- Cauliflower Pizza
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and Pinterest for all of the best tasty appetizers and meal options! You can also subscribe to our eNewsletter to get the latest and greatest recipes delivered directly to your inbox.