This lush, tangy, and spicy yogurt recipe is one of the tastier yogurt dips we’ve made, and we think you’ll agree. It’s perfect as a dip for raw vegetables, so add it to your healthy recipes for snacks, and it can also be used in healthy meals, say dolloped on a cool lentil salad, a baked potato, or atop a pureed bean soup. This Easy-to-Make Lemon Cumin Yogurt Dip is a great replacement for a sour cream topping on many dishes, and it’s much healthier, too!
Servings: 10 | Serving Size: 1/4 cup | Calories: 35 | Total Fat: 0.2 g | Saturated Fats: 0 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 22 mg | Carbohydrates: 3.7 g | Dietary Fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 2.0 g | Protein: 5.2 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 1
- 2 cups(1 pint) plain nonfat Greek-style yogurt
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder (or 1 teaspoon toasted and ground cumin seeds)
- 1/2 medium white onion, finely diced
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh dill, plus 10 sprigs for garnish(optional)
- Mix together lemon juice, zest, cumin, and Greek yogurt until all of the ingredients are well combined. Add the onion and dill. Garnish the dip with dill sprigs if preferred.
- This is the perfect dip for any type of crudite, such as raw carrots, cucumbers, bell pepper slices and any other vegetable of choice. This also tastes great with whole wheat pita chips, baked tortilla chips, or healthy vegetable chips.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite pizza recipe from SkinnyMs.? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.