Mix and match your fruits with our healthy, creamy topping!
Warm weather has arrived! When spring flowers bloom, and fruit begins growing on the trees, it’s the perfect time of year to eat healthily, and locally. While in cooler months, we’re often restricted to the few fruits and veggies that are in season. Otherwise, we end up opting to buy fruit flown in from other parts of the world, which is neither environmentally sustainable, nor a great way of obtaining fresh fruit! In springtime, fresh fruits grown locally are ours for the picking. Go to your local farmer’s market, and ask for the cream of their crop.
One of our favorite things about fruit is the fact that it tastes sweet, fulfills so many of our cravings, and yet it is so healthy for us that we don’t have to worry about indulging! Most fruit varieties are great sources of dietary fiber, and contain vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and anti-inflammatory agents. And when they taste like candy, it’s hard to resist one of this season’s greatest delights, the fruit salad.
Our fruit salad recipe contains fruits ranging from kiwi and berries to mangoes and oranges. But you can feel free to choose whatever fruit you like best, or find fresh at your local market. The real key to our fruit salad is our fabulous dressing. It’s light and healthy, but so creamy that it makes your salad feel like a treat. Combine protein-rich, lean Greek yogurt with poppy seeds, lime, and honey, for a sweet and creamy topping!
Fruit Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1 cup kiwi peeled and diced
- 1 cup strawberries hulled and diced
- 1 cup mixed berries
- 1 cup mangoes peeled and diced
- 1 orange sliced into wedges
- 1 cup Greek yogurt low-fat
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons lime juice fresh
- 1 tablespoon almond oil or any neutral tasting oil
- mint fresh
- Combine all the fruits in a serving bowl and chill in the refrigerator while you prepare the dressing.
- To make the poppy seed dressing, in a small bowl, mix the yogurt, honey, poppy seeds, lime juice, and oil. Adjust the sweetness if you desire.
- Mix in the poppy seed dressing with the fruits and garnish with the mint leaves before serving.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
You might also like these Fruit Salad recipes:
Fresh Summer Fruit Salad with Basil Syrup
Healthy Frozen Yogurt with Fresh Fruit Salad and Mint
Quinoa Fruit Salad
Skinny Fruit & Yogurt Salad
Avocado and Mango Salad
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.