Add some fruity flavor to your dinner salad!
Looking for a tropical twist on a spinach salad? Add some pineapple to your healthy grilled chicken and greens! Grilling brings out intense flavor in the pineapple that compliments the juicy chicken breast. Spinach provides vitamins and minerals, and toasted coconut flakes add flavor, crunch, and healthy fat. You simply can’t go wrong with this easy, scrumptious salad.
Grilled Chicken and Pineapple Salad
- 8 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper fresh ground
- 4 pineapple slices 1 inch slices
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes toasted, unsweetened
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to medium-high heat. Combine the spinach and onions in a bowl and divide between two plates. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Spray the grill with cooking spray and add the chicken. Grill until cooked through, about 7-8 minutes per side. When chicken is almost done, add the pineapple slices to the grill and cook until charred. Allow both to cool slightly and then slice the chicken and chop the pineapple.
- Combine the sesame oil, lime juice, pineapple juice, honey, cumin, and garlic in a jar and shake until well mixed. Toss with the salad and top with the chicken and pineapple. Top the salad with the chicken, pineapple, and toasted coconut before serving.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms