Cute little cups that are bursting with flavor and nutrients!
Easy, high-protein breakfast cups that can be ready in under 30 minutes? Yes, please! These ham and tomato frittata cups are the perfect make-ahead meal prep, or even a simple breakfast to feed the whole family! They also make a gorgeous addition to your Sunday brunch spread.
Breakfast Meal Prep or Family Favorite
These ham and tomato cups are a versatile breakfast option for any occasion. You can make this recipe at the beginning of the week and have a few on the go in the morning. Or, quickly whip these up when you’ve got tons of family or guests visiting to impress them with a delicious and easy breakfast. Whether these are just for you or for the whole family, these frittata cups will not disappoint!
Keep in mind, if you are meal prepping this recipe, they should be cooled for about 1 hour before placing in the fridge to avoid sogginess. Store them in airtight containers for up to 3 days.
High Protein Breakfast
It’s always important to get your protein in, especially with breakfast. When you start the day with a high protein meal, you are able to stay fuller throughout the morning and use that energy to get things done! We’ve got a lot of high protein players in this breakfast recipe, including ham, eggs, and cheese. All of those ingredients bring this recipe to a strong 20 grams of protein per serving. That’s a great way to start the day if you ask me!
Bake Up These Frittata Cups
Our delicious recipe for ham and tomato frittata cups is a cinch to make! First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a 12-cup muffin tray. Then, in a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, garlic, dijon mustard, 2 of the 3 tablespoons of parsley, sea salt, and black pepper. Pour the egg mixture into the bottom of each muffin cup until each of them are about one-third of the way full. Divide and place the cherry tomatoes, ham, green onions, and cheddar cheese into each cup. Then, pour the remaining egg mixture over top, to three-quarters of the way full. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the eggs are set. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and garnish with the remaining tablespoon of parsley.
Tasty Side Dish Ideas
These yummy ham and tomato frittata cups are loaded with ingredients that make them a well-rounded meal on their own. However, sometimes breakfast or brunch calls for a little something extra! Pair these savory, protein-rich egg cups with a serving of our Banana Bread Pancakes! You can also whip up some Cracker Barrel “CopyCat” Hashbrown Casserole or Roasted Breakfast Potatoes. Our Fresh Lime and Basil Fruit Salad is a sweet, light, and refreshing side option. Choose one or try them all!
If you make these frittata cups, be sure to let us know what you thought of them in the comment section!
Ham and Tomato Frittata Cups
- 8 large eggs
- 1/3 cup low fat milk
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons parsley chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 cup cooked ham sliced and diced
- 1/4 cup green onion chopped
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a 12-cup muffin tray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, garlic, dijon mustard, 2 tablespoons parsley, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture into the bottom of each muffin cup to about ⅓ of the way. Divide and place cherry tomatoes, ham, green onions, and cheddar cheese into each cup. Then pour the remaining egg mixture over top to ¾ of the way.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and garnish with the remaining tablespoon of parsley.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms