A fresh side for any summer party!
Delicious, bold heirloom tomatoes–the ultimate summer staple! Whether you grow them yourself or buy them at the farmers’ market, these juicy, decadent veggies make a splash in any dish. Plus, there are so many delicious varieties! You can choose between Brandywines, Cherokee purple tomatoes, or Nepal tomatoes to make this mouth-watering Heirloom Tomato Salad. Not to mention, you can make this salad with ingredients you already have at home. Simplicity does the trick in this recipe–fresh herbs, mozzarella cheese, and an easy vinaigrette bring the juicy tomatoes to life.
Plus, this salad is perfect for any summer occasion. Serve it at parties, enjoy it on its own for a light lunch, or eat it as a side dish. You can’t go wrong!
Heirloom Tomato Salad
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 heirloom tomatoes large (any variety- a mix is best!), cut into 1 inch wedges
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese fresh, low-fat, cubed
- 1/2 cup basil fresh, chopped
- In a large bowl, mix together the vinegar, mustard, salt, oil, and honey. Combine well, add the tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil. Gently stir until all items are coated in the mustard mixture.
- Serve and enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms