A staple in some East Asian countries, sticky rice is delicious and goes with practically anything. Also known as “sweet rice,” it is a grain that becomes translucent and sticky when steamed. With this recipe, you will be able recreate this Asian side dish in just a few simple steps in your Instant Pot. All you need is jasmine rice, rice vinegar, and sesame oil. Add the ingredients, let the rice cook, and then allow the rice to sit in the steam and arrive at the right texture. In just 15 minutes, you will have your very own sticky rice, which will go great with any Asian dish. Need some inspiration? Here are a few of our favorites that will go well with this Asian Sticky Rice. Try out Asian Mango Chicken Stir-Fry , Spicy Asian Chicken Meatballs, or even, Asian Style Beef and Broccoli.
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 3/4 cup | Calories: 359 | Total Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 9mg | Carbohydrates: 74g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 0g | Protein: 7g | SmartPoints: 10
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups Jasmine Rice (white or brown rice variety)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Pour water, rice, and oil into Instant Pot.
- Place the lid and ensure the steam release valve is closed. Press the manual button and adjust the time to read 4 minutes, check to be sure the keep warm button is on. Within about 30 seconds of setting the time, the Instant Pot will begin to preheat. Once hot, the rice will begin cooking.
- After the 4 minute cooking time is complete, do not vent or open the Instant Pot! Leave the Instant Pot sealed for 10 minutes. After the 10 minutes is complete, carefully vent and open. Add the rice vinegar to the cooked rice and fluff with a large spoon. Serve with your favorite Asian dish!
We need your feedback! Let us know what you thought about this article or anything else on the site.