This delicious dish is the perfect summer side!
Turn this restaurant classic into a big, delicious salad! Our loaded baked potato salad is packed with tasty ingredients and fulfilling energy to keep you satisfied all day long. It’s a great recipe to make ahead of time because it’s easy to pack and the flavor gets better and better the longer it blends. So prepare this salad today for delicious lunches all week!
Simple Chilled Salad
Our loaded baked potato salad is the perfect cool and crisp dish for hot days. It can also be served as an excellent side salad to pair with grilled meats at your next barbecue. Personally, I like this recipe as a quick lunch option to prepare at the beginning of the week. No need to heat it up, so I can grab and go whenever I need!
Benefits of Baked Potatoes
For some reason, potatoes got a bad rep in the past. Lucky for you, we’re here to bust the myth that potatoes are bad for you. Potatoes are high in fiber as well as important vitamins and minerals such as iron and vitamin B and C. They’re also a great source of potassium, which is an excellent nutrient for post-exercise recovery and muscle soreness. For this recipe, we recommend baking your potatoes in the oven. However, you can also make your baked potatoes in the slow cooker during the day by following this Slow Cooker Baked Potato recipe!
Toss Up This Loaded Baked Potato Salad
Start by making the potatoes. Preheat the oven to 400° F and place the cleaned red potatoes on a baking sheet. Poke them with a fork 4 or 5 times to let the steam out while baking. Drizzle and coat the potatoes with olive oil. Then, place them in the oven and bake for about 45 minutes, or until they’re soft and easy to pierce with a fork. Let the potaotes cool and then cut them into quarters. Add the sliced potatoes to a large bowl, then drizzle apple cider vinegar over top and let them sit.
Meanwhile, mix the lemon juice, mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, salt, and pepper in a bowl to create the dressing. Add the dressing to the bowl with the potatoes, then top with radish, red onion, dill, green onion, cheddar cheese, and slivered almonds. Toss and serve over a bed of lettuce.
Loaded Baked Potato Salad
- 4 pounds baby potatoes quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup olive oil mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt plain
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 radishes finely sliced
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dill fresh, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion chopped
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese shredded
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 6 cups butter lettuce
- Preheat the oven to 400° F and place the cleaned baby potatoes on a baking sheet.
- Poke with a fork 4-5 times to let the steam out while baking. Drizzle and coat with olive oil. Then, place in the oven and bake for about 45 minutes or until soft and easy to pierce with a fork.
- Let cool, then cut into quarters. Add the sliced potatoes to a large bowl, then drizzle apple cider vinegar over top and let sit.
- Mix the lemon juice, mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, salt, and pepper in a bowl to create the dressing.
- Add the dressing to the bowl with the potatoes and mix well, then top with radishes, red onion, dill, green onion, cheddar cheese, and slivered almonds. Toss and serve over a bed of lettuce.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Love potatoes? We’ve got plenty of great recipes! Try one of our baked potato recipes below:
- Skinny Slow Cooker Loaded Baked Potato Casserole
- Baked Potatoes with Clementine Butter
- Instant Pot Loaded Baked Sweet Potato