The holidays are upon us, and that means themed meals should enter the food rotation, especially if you have kids. But beyond spooky treats, we also have to consider the later holidays. What part of the holidays to children who celebrate Christmas generally look forward to the most? Why, it’s their yearly visit from Santa Claus, of course.
With this Santa Pancakes recipe, Santa can visit a little early as a healthy and tasty breakfast. This food craft is based on our Pancakes with Vanilla Yogurt Ricotta and Strawberry Compote recipe, making for a simple, healthy and tasty start to a cold, wintry morning. Enjoy!
1. Cook pancakes, compote, and ricotta mixture as per recipe.
2. Cut one pancake into a body and place another in the head spot.
3. Cover top of head and body in compote and pieces of fresh strawberry (for his suit!).
4. Time to decorate! Use strawberries and compote to shape the rest of his hat. Fill a pastry bag with the ricotta and use it to make the fur parts of the cap, his beard, and body trim. Place chocolate drops as eyes and buttons. Drop compote liquid for blush and, using toothpicks and melted chocolate, draw a mouth and eyebrows.
5. A Christmas tree can be made from mint leaves and small strawberry pieces.
6. Sprinkle powdered sugar over the top of the Santa Pancakes and tree for a snowy feel.
Have a jolly, merry breakfast!
Have your own way of sneaking Santa into mealtime? What’s your favorite holiday breakfast? Tell us about it in the comments below.