Eating a high-protein breakfast provides so many health benefits!
Eating a high-protein breakfast provides so many health benefits! A helping of protein in the morning staves off hunger, provides long-lasting energy, and increases brain function. Our Mediterranean Egg White Frittata has lean protein in the form of egg whites and tons of vegetables to really get your body off to a healthy start. We’ve added low-fat feta cheese for a salty pop, and fresh oregano to give it a Mediterranean flavor.
You can make this egg white frittata early and reheat it for a quick breakfast whenever you need it. Just make sure not to overcook the eggs or it will dry out. Add extra protein by throwing in cooked turkey Italian sausage as well!
Mediterranean Egg White Frittata
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato diced
- 1 tablespoon red onion diced
- 2 tablespoons mushroom diced
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons skim milk
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles low-fat
- 1 teaspoon oregano fresh, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Heat oil on medium heat in an oven-safe skillet. Add tomato, onion, and mushroom. Saute until onions are soft, add spinach and salt and continue cooking until wilted.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg whites and milk. Pour egg mix overcooked vegetables. As the egg cooks, use a rubber spatula and gently lift the edge of the cooked egg to allow uncooked egg underneath. When egg is 75% cooked, sprinkle with feta cheese. Put in oven and bake until egg is completely cooked and feta begins to brown - about 5 to 10 minutes. Allow to set for 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with oregano and serve.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Other high protein breakfasts you might enjoy:
What are your favorite protein-packed breakfast dishes? Please share them with us in the comments!