Smoothie fans rejoice! This Mediterranean smoothie recipe manages to include some of the healthiest, least-used smoothie veggies around and still taste delicious.
If you’re not a beet lover don’t worry, there isn’t enough beet juice in this yummy smoothie to make the taste overpowering. As a matter of fact, there is just a hint of beet taste and only enough to make your taste buds ask, “I wonder what’s in this smoothie? Whatever it is, taste yummy”.
Healthy smoothies are such a delight. They taste great and are just filling enough to satisfy your hunger. They make great meal replacements, but smaller servings are also appropriate for snacks. Many people love to use them to refuel after an intense workout. The best smoothie recipes incorporate both fruits and veggies, but use a balance so the smoothie has a sweet, almost dessert-like taste. Even kids love drinking smoothies!
Our site features a wide variety of smoothie recipes. Check out a few of our best here and here. You can also check out a few of our favorites from our collection of Pinterest smoothie recipes. No matter what your taste buds are craving or what your body needs for a boost of energy, there is a smoothie recipe that can help!
Serving Size: 1/2 of the entire recipe | Calories: 168 | Total Fat: 1 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 2 mg | Sodium: 69 mg | Carbohydrates: 39 g | Dietary Fiber: 5 g | Sugars: 29 g | Protein: 4 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 8 |
- 2 cups loosely packed baby spinach (organic)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger root, minced
- 1 frozen banana (pre-sliced)
- 1 small mango
- 1/2 cup beet juice (beets originate in the Mediterranean)
- 1/2 cup skim milk or unsweetened almond milk
- 4-6 ice cubes
- Note: You can purchase beets in a can which have beet juice already. I prefer to make my own. Wash fresh beets, pat dry, preheat oven to 375 degrees, rub the outside of beets with a little olive oil, wrap in foil and roast for 50 - 60 minutes or until tender. All beets to cool at room temperature and peel. Add one beet to smoothie and you've got one healthy drink!
- Toss all the above ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.