Spice up taco night with something fresh and fabulous—like these Mini Taco Salad Bowls! A fun way to dish up individually portioned taco salads, these bowls are a cinch to throw together and super filling. Did we mention their colorful presentation is enough to make your mouth water?
Mini Taco Salad Bowls
Brighten up the dinner table with these baked tortilla shells stuffed with wholesome ingredients like flavorful salsa, melty cheese, and shredded lettuce. Lean ground turkey packs a protein punch. A dollop of Greek yogurt adds creamy consistency to the delectable dish. You have the option to customize each mini bowl with additional toppings of your choosing, such as freshly copped cilantro, some buttery avocado slices, or diced tomatoes.
Related: Skinny Buffalo Chicken Tacos
Complete with savory spices, these zesty crowd-pleasers will let you finally enjoy some good ol’ Tex Mex without sabotaging your healthy eating goals!
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 2 bowls | Calories: 217 | Total Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 384mg | Carbohydrates: 11g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Protein: 14g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 6
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon chili powder, divided
- 2 teaspoon cumin, divided
- 4 (10-inch) whole grain tortillas
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup salsa, no added sugar
- 1 1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, reduced-fat
- 1/2 cup (fat-free) Greek yogurt (optional, sour cream)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Whisk together oil, garlic powder, 1 teaspoon each chili powder and cumin.
- Cut three 4-inch rounds out of each tortilla. Brush each side of the rounds with the oil mixture.
- Place each tortilla into a 12-cup muffin tin, pressing on the bottoms and sides to form mini bowls. Bake 20 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool in tins. Once cooled, remove and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the ground turkey, breaking up with a fork as it cooks. Once the turkey is cooked through and there’s no more pink, drain any fat. Add to the cooked meat the remaining chili powder, cumin, salt, black pepper, and water, stirring to combine. Continue cooking just until most of the water is absorbed. Add 1/4 cup salsa and stir to combine.
- Evenly divide the cooked turkey in the mini bowls, top each with the remaining salsa, lettuce, cheese, and Greek yogurt. Enjoy!
- Optional toppings: black or green olive slices, freshly chopped cilantro, diced avocado, or diced tomatoes.
It’s important to realize that practically any type of food can be revamped with a healthy spin! Dieting doesn’t have to taste bland and boring. If you enjoyed this recipe, you’re definitely going to want to check out some of our other yummy, clean-eating tex-mex dishes such as:
- Egg and Turkey Sausage Breakfast Tacos
- Easy Taco Pie
- Authentic Everything Beef Tacos
- Quick One Skillet Taco Turkey and Rice
- Gluten Free Mango and Black Bean Tacos
We’d love to hear from you! Leave a comment in the section below about this article or anything else on the site below. Also, be sure to follow us on Pinterest for the tastiest, healthy taco recipes.