Steak and mushrooms make a terrifically tender pair!
Mushrooms have anti-inflammatory agents that may help boost the immune system. Almost any food can be made healthier by adding one or two super foods. Our recipe for New York Strip is loaded with this amazing superfood.
When purchasing the New York Strip Steak, for the most tender and flavorful cut, choose Choice Grade or higher. For a leaner cut of meat, choose Select Grade. You may need to request the butcher cut your grade of choice.
New York Strip with Mushroom Gravy and Caramelized Onions
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 ounces white mushrooms sliced
- 1 onion small, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup beef broth fat-free, low sodium
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 pound New York strip prefer thinly sliced, recommend grass-fed beef
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- kosher or sea salt to taste
- Add 1 tablespoon canola oil to a medium skillet, turn to medium-low heat and sauté mushrooms and onions. Sauté until onions are caramelized, about 20 minutes. Add cornstarch to skillet, stir to combine. Add balsamic vinegar and broth, stir and simmer until thickened. Add black pepper and salt to taste.
- While sautéing onions and mushrooms, salt and pepper steaks, add remaining canola oil to a large skillet, heat to medium-high heat and sear steaks on both sides until browned, about 8-10 minutes. Place steaks on a serving platter and top with gravy.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms