Eating clean doesn't mean ditching dessert!
Just take a look at that picture. Doesn’t it look like the kind of sweet, scrumptious gourmet dessert you might order at your favorite restaurant? The kind you were thinking of the whole time you were eating your obligatory lunch salad? At SkinnyMs., we strive to make it easy for you to indulge in your favorite sweet, creamy treats, without packing on the fat and calories. We know that a healthy lifestyle is not one that banishes sweets and restricts you to a lifetime of veggies and grains. No one can live an entire lifetime without experiencing the happiness that the occasional sweet treat brings to our days. That’s why we’ve designed out healthy dessert recipes to allow you to indulge, without ruining your health and fitness goals.
Our No-Bake Strawberry Mug Cakes are the perfect summertime dessert confection. First of all, no one wants to take steaming pans out of the oven during the warm summer months. A dessert that requires no baking is a treasure this time of year. Simply mix your ingredients together, and layer each mixture on top of one another for a complex and fruity delight!
No-Bake Strawberry Mug Cakes
- 1 cup Greek yogurt non-fat
- 1 cup cream cheese low-fat
- 2 cups strawberries hulled and quartered
- 4 tablespoons strawberry preserves no sugar added
- 2 lemons zested
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 6 tablespoons almonds crushed
- 1/4 cup blueberries for garnish
- 4 mint leaves fresh, for garnish
- In a medium bowl, mix the yogurt, cream cheese, lemon zest, juice, and sugar then refrigerate while preparing the next steps.
- In another medium bowl, mix the fresh strawberries and the preserves.
- Prepare 4 individual mugs and evenly distribute the yogurt mixture. Top the yogurt mixture with the strawberries, then the crushed almonds.
- Garnish with fresh blueberries and mint. Serve cold.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
More Delicious No-Bake Cakes From Skinny Ms.:
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.