This dish is a summertime favorite because chicken salad never fails to impress. However, mayonnaise plays a significant role in conventional recipes, contributing to the dish’s high calorie profile. Just one tablespoon of mayo clocks in at a frightening 100 calories—and most recipes call for a lot more than a single tablespoon! People fear ditching the caloric condiment, assuming its absence would compromise the creamy, indulgent flavor of their favorite dishes.
Luckily, our No-Mayo Chicken Salad lets you enjoy the scrumptious meal without worrying about your waistline! Olive oil combines with a splash of lemon juice, to add texture and a bunch of incredible nutrients. Chopped celery and lettuce add a delicate crunch, while cherry tomatoes offer some juicy goodness your taste buds will love. This healthy dish is a snap to make and guaranteed to satisfy!
Yields: 3 servings | Calories: 438 | Total Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 97mg | Sodium: 275mg | Carbohydrates: 4g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Protein: 32g | SmartPoints: 12
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt, more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped dill or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley
- 6 large savory (curly) cabbage leaves for serving, optional iceberg lettuce
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil, sauté chicken until golden brown.
- While cooking the chicken, in a small bowl, mix remaining 3 tablespoon olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. After chicken turns golden, transfer to a serving bowl and toss in tomatoes, celery, dill, and parsley. Drizzle with dressing and combine, or serve on the side.
Love the recipe? Craving more irresistible summertime treats? Let us know! Leave a comment in the section below about this article or anything else on the site.