The secret is in the glaze!
Are you looking for a restaurant-quality fish dinner? Consider it done. You can impress your dinner guests with this Orange Miso Wild Cod recipe. It’s light yet filling, and packed with delightfully sweet and zesty flavors! There are plenty of ways to add layers of flavor to fish, but this combination of miso, honey, orange zest, and ginger is one of the best!
You may be wondering what miso paste is. Miso paste is made from fermented soybeans. It comes in a variety of types, but we’ll just discuss three for the purpose of this recipe.
First, the mildest and sweetest type is a white or “mellow” miso. It has the mildest flavor and is less salty and more sweet. Use this type for condiments, dressings, and glazes, such as the orange miso glaze in this recipe. You can also use yellow or red miso in this recipe, depending on your preference of flavor. Yellow miso has a stronger flavor than white miso. You can use it for soups, glazes, and sauces. Red miso has a stronger, more salty flavor that you can use in heartier soups and sauces.
Can I Use Another Fish for this Orange Miso Wild Cod Recipe?
Of course you can! You can substitute just about any white, flaky fish that is available in your area. Here are a few suggestions, but feel free to choose based on your personal preference:
- Sea Bass
Some other suggestions include scallops, shrimp, or chicken. If you’re a vegan, use a firm tofu instead of fish or chicken.
What Pairs Well with Orange Miso Wild Cod?
You can pair this fish with a variety of complementary side dishes. If you’re looking for a starchy side, rice and sweet potatoes work well. Broil some vegetables along with the cod for a quick, easy one-dish meal. Use your imagination and let your creativity be your guide.
Need a little side dish inspiration? You know you can count on us! Try out any of these yummy recipes:
- Oven Sweet Potato Fries
- Apple and Endive Salad with Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- Cilantro Lime Basmati Rice
- 3-Ingredient Spicy Roasted Broccoli
- 3-Ingredient Broiled Asparagus with Balsamic Brown Butter
Orange Miso Wild Cod Recipe
- 24 ounces wild cod fillet (4) 6-ounce fillets, skinless
- 2 tablespoons mellow white miso paste
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 navel orange large, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger or ginger paste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine miso paste, soy sauce/coconut aminos, honey, navel orange juice and zest, and minced ginger. Stir until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Spray sheet pan with cooking spray. Add fish portions.
- Brush fish portions with miso glaze.
- Cook in 375 degree oven for 10-15 minutes, until almost cooked through.
- Increase oven temperature to high broil. Watch carefully, checking every 2-3 minutes to avoid burning.
- Fish is done when glaze is browned and fish is no longer translucent and can be easily flaked with a fork.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Want more recipes like this sent directly to your inbox? If so, be sure to subscribe to our daily eNewsletter. You can also follow us on Instagram and Pinterest to not only get fantastic healthy recipes, but also to receive exercise tips, meal plans and much more!