If you’re tired of your go-to breakfast recipes, try this papaya boat parfait. Papaya is high in fiber, which helps regulate your blood sugar and satisfy your hunger. It’s also a good source of lots of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin A, vitamin C, and folate. In addition, papaya has anti-inflammatory properties that aid digestion and strengthen your immune system. The best thing about papaya, though, is its rich flavor. Greek yogurt, honey, pomegranate seeds, and kiwi beautifully complement that flavor in this tasty parfait. So, give it a try! This delicious parfait looks gorgeous and tastes even better.
Yields: 2 servings | Serving Size: 1 boat parfait | Calories: 313 | Total Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 86mg | Carbohydrates: 43g | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 32g | Protein: 13g | SmartPoints: 13
- 1 whole papaya
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 1 kiwi, peeled and cut in to small chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoon slivered almonds
- Leaving the peel on, cut the papaya fruit in half length wise. Scoop out the seeds and pulp from the center to make a boat.
- Divide the Greek yogurt between the two papaya boats, placing the yogurt in the hollowed out center of the papaya. Drizzle each with the honey and top with pomegranate seeds, kiwi, chia, and almonds; dividing evenly between each boat. Serve and enjoy!
- Tip: for a fun dessert alternative, substitute frozen yogurt for the Greek yogurt!