Everyone will love these, even the kids!
Pizza AND burgers?! Does it get any better?! Our Skinny Pizza Burgers are sure to be a whole-family favorite. With zesty Italian seasonings, garlic, and ground turkey, this recipe offers all the flavor of two of your favorite meals, without the added fat and calories. And, one of the best things about our Pizza Burgers is that they can be on the table in 30 minutes, making them perfect for those busy weeknights!
Try Skinny Pizza Burgers with melted mozzarella cheese or with our Garden Salad with Lemon and Oil Dressing.
- 1 pound ground turkey lean, optional ground beef
- 1 sweet onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon oregano dried
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes crushed
- kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 ounces canned tomato paste
- 6 whole wheat buns
- Cook ground turkey, onion and garlic in a large skillet, breaking up meat as it cooks. If cooking in the slow cooker, this step is optional, though you may get a better flavor if you brown the meat first.
- Drain ground turkey thoroughly.
- For Slow Cooker Method: Add the turkey and remaining ingredients to the slow cooker and mix well. Set on simmer and cover. Cook on low for 3- 4 hours or on high for 2- 3 hours. If you don't brown the turkey first, cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- For Stovetop Method: Add remaining ingredients to the turkey in the skillet. Mix well. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Serve on toasted 100% whole wheat buns. Enjoy pizza burgers with our Sweet Potato Fries.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms