The perfect mid-morning snack to hold you over until lunch.
Want to eat more protein but not sure how? Have it as a snack! These protein packed energy bites are the perfect snack that will help you reach your protein goals while keeping you satisfied and energized until your next meal. Make them ahead of time to have on hand for when you need a quick, on-the-go energy boost.
Energy Bites: The Perfect Snack
I personally LOVE energy bites. I try to always have some on hand for whenever I feel that mid-morning energy slump creeping up on me. I find that they are just the perfect amount to keep me going until lunch and they taste so darn good! Not only that, but they’re a no fuss, grab-and-go food. Once they’re ready, all you need to do is eat them and go!
Protein Packed Punch
This recipe packs almost 5 grams of protein into just one bite, thanks to it’s protein powder and peanut butter ingredients. When paired with soft Medjool dates, earthy walnuts, and tropical coconut flakes, this protein packed snack will hit the spot while serving up some great flavors.
How To Make These High Protein Bites
Our protein-packed energy bites are just so easy to make. Follow these 3 easy steps, and then you’re ready to go!
- First, combine all of the ingredients except for coconut flakes in a food processor. Pulse until smooth.
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon of the mixture at a time and roll into balls. Then, roll that ball in the coconut flakes until fully covered.
- Lay the balls out on a cookie sheet and chill them for 15 to 30 minutes, or until set.
And that’s it! Now it’s time to enjoy this yummy snack.
Protein Packed Energy Bites
- 1 cup Medjool dates
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons walnuts
- 2 tablespoons coconut flakes unsweetened
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor.
- Shape into 1 inch balls and roll in coconut flakes.
- Let set in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes. Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Enjoyed these incredible energy bites? Check out even more of our energy ball recipes:
- No-Bake Lemon Turmeric Energy Bites
- Superfood Chia Energy Bites
- Cookie Dough Energy Bites
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bites
- No-Bake Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Energy Bites
We’d love to hear what you think about these protein-packed energy bites! Go to the comments section to let us know what you think of this recipe!
Check out our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources. You can also subscribe to our daily eNewsletter to get the latest and greatest recipes delivered directly to your inbox.