Minimal prep time makes for an easy, net nutritious and delicious dinner.
Chicken and broccoli are often featured in decadent, calorie-rich meals like casseroles and stir-fries. But they also form a mouthwatering match in healthy dishes like our Chicken Strips with Broccoli Supper.
Wholesome ingredients like chicken breast strips and broccoli florets are cooked to completion and combined with savory spices and bold garlic. Chewy chicken tastes delicious next to tender, flavorful broccoli in this super healthy low-carb meal.
This easy recipe is perfect for on-the-go days when you find yourself rushing out the door. The dish also calls for minimal prep. Dinner doesn’t have to be unhealthy to be fast and simple!
Quick Chicken Strips with Broccoli Dinner
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion small, chopped
- 1 head broccoli florets
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-1/2 inch strips
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme or 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 5 to 8 minutes, until softened and translucent. Add broccoli and chicken strips and cook for 3 minutes, flipping, until broccoli is bright green and strips are browned on both sides.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add chicken broth, herbs, salt, and pepper, and cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What healthy recipes would you like to see next on the site? Let us know in the comment section below!