Chicken and broccoli are often featured in decadent, calorie-rich meals like casseroles and stir-fries. But they also form a mouthwatering match in healthy dishes like our Chicken Strips with Broccoli Supper.
Wholesome ingredients like chicken breast strips and broccoli florets are cooked to completion and combined with savory spices and bold garlic. Chewy chicken tastes delicious next to tender, flavorful broccoli in this super healthy low-carb meal.
This easy recipe is perfect for on-the-go days when you find yourself rushing out the door. The dish also calls for minimal prep. Dinner doesn’t have to be unhealthy to be fast and simple!
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 3/4 cup broccoli and 1 cup chicken | Calories: 388 | Total Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 173mg | Sodium: 346mg | Carbohydrates: 14g | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Protein: 59g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 7 |
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-1/2 inch strips
- 1 head broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon each, dried basil, oregano, and thyme or, 1 tablespoon fresh of each
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 5 to 8 minutes, until softened and translucent. Add broccoli and chicken strips and cook for 3 minutes, flipping, until broccoli is bright green and strips are browned on both sides.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add chicken broth, herbs, salt, and pepper, and cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
What healthy recipes would you like to see next on the site? Let us know in the comment section below!