Add a taste of the Mediterranean to your side salad.
Learning to incorporate salad into your healthy lifestyle is a cornerstone of clean eating and menu planning for weight loss. And the good news is that salads don’t have to be a menu item that we consume based purely on their nutritional value. There are countless ways to prepare a salad so that it combines your favorite ingredients, and contains enough flavor and keeps your interest so that you continue to come back for more! This low calorie greek salad is our take on a classic favorite, and its unique blend of flavors is sure to make it a diet staple in your home.
Healthy Ingredients from the Mediterranean
This low calorie greek salad recipe takes all of the healthiest elements of the Mediterranean diet and uses them to capture the epitome of the flavor of the region many of us are so enamored with. Tomatoes add tangy flavor and are rich in anti-oxidants, as are delicious Kalamata olives, which burst with bold flavor in every bite. Onions add even more complexity to this dish, and greens and cucumber both add antioxidants, fiber, and a satisfying crunch. You won’t miss out on flavor when you dress this fantastic salad with red wine vinegar and extra virgin olive oil, and top with creamy feta cheese.
Because this low calorie greek salad is so low in calories and fat, only containing nutrients and healthy fats that are beneficial to your heart, you can feel free to make it a few times per week, and help yourself to seconds. Let us know if you’ve discovered any additions or variations that make this low calorie greek salad favorite!
Watch How to Make Our Low Calorie Greek Salad
Healthiest Greek Salad
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cucumber large
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 4 tomatoes large, sliced
- 1 onion large, sliced
- 4 cups romaine lettuce or other green lettuce of choice
- 4 ounces feta cheese diced or crumbled
- 1 lemon zested
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a small bowl, to make the dressing, mix the extra virgin olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. You can adjust the amount according to taste.
- In a salad serving bowl, mix the lettuce, cucumber, olives, tomatoes, onions, feta, lemon zest and dried oregano. Mix with the dressing when ready to serve.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
We have plenty of other healthy salad recipes for you to choose from, but here are some of our faves:
- Fig, Grape, and Spinach Salad
- Endive & Apple Salad with Vinaigrette Dressing
- Quinoa Salad with Fresh Vegetables
- Salad with Marinated Feta
- Nicoise Salad
- Roasted Asparagus and Fennel Salad
Looking for more recipes like this low calorie Greek salad? Check out these collections:
- 21 Low-Calorie Snacks to Always Have on Hand
- 7-Day 1200 Calorie Meal Plan That Won’t Leave You Starving
- 31 Delicious 250 Calorie Dinner Ideas For Busy Weeknights
- 20 Skinny Recipes Under 200 Calories
Make sure you subscribe to our eNewsletter so you don’t miss out anything on Skinny Ms.
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.