Light and lean skewers that are sure to impress your guests.
One of the best ways to show off your grilling skills is to skip the basic burgers and make gorgeous kebabs, instead. Our simple and delicious recipe for tuna and veggie kebabs is sure to impress your guests with its light, fresh flavors. Not to mention, it’s packed with healthy, high protein and high fiber ingredients. No one has to know how easy they are to make– unless of course they ask you for the recipe! And just a heads up, they probably will because these are yummy!
Time to Start Up the Grill
Warmer weather calls for longer nights and BBQ dinners. Get the family together for this delicious and impressive tuna and veggie kebab recipe. It’s super easy to make and ready in just minutes– but it just looks and tastes so special! No grill? Try this recipe in the oven under a broiler! It’s just as quick to make, it will just be missing some of the charring.
Grilling Recipes are Back!
Each year, when spring rolls around, I get so excited to whip out my warm weather recipes. Not only does it mean fresh, light, and seasonal produce, but it also presents the opportunity to heat up the grill and enjoy our meals outdoors. This recipe perfectly plays into my spring time recipe roster consisting of light and lean proteins, fresh veggies, and bright flavors. Check out even more seasonal recipes with these 12 Stunning Spring Recipes to Delight Your Guests.
Tuna: The Deliciously Healthy and Versatile Fish
Tuna fish is a high protein seafood option that is rich in essential, Omega-3 fatty acids. It’s perfect for grilling, searing, and even enjoying raw (usually found in sashimi and sushi). Research shows that tuna is an excellent source of nutrients for heart health, metabolic function, and even healthy skin and hair. While this recipe requires fresh tuna steak, you can also get these health benefits from canned and smoked tuna.
Grill Up These Kebabs
First, make the marinade by whisking together the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, white wine, garlic, chili flakes, and pepper in a bowl. For this recipe, you can use metal or wooden skewers. Just keep in mind, if you are using wooden skewers, you will need to soak them in water for about 10 minutes before skewering the tuna and vegetables to prevent burning. Divide and slide the ingredients equally onto the 8 skewers, alternating the chunks of tuna and vegetables. Pour the marinade over the kebabs and marinate, refrigerated, for 2 to 3 hours (or longer). On a hot outdoor grill or under a broiler, sear the kabobs 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until the tuna is medium rare. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Tuna and Veggie Kebabs
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice fresh
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/2 cup dry white cooking wine
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound tuna steak fresh
- 1 red onion cut into 1" chunks
- 2 bell peppers cut into 1" chunks
- 1 zucchini cut into 1" chunks
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 8 skewers metal or wooden
- Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, dry white cooking wine, garlic, chili flakes, and pepper in a bowl.
- Divide and slide tuna and vegetables equally onto the 8 skewers, alternating between each.
- Pour 1 cup of the marinade over the kebabs and marinate, refrigerated, 2 to 3 hours.
- On a hot outdoor grill or under a broiler, sear the kebabs 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until the tuna is medium rare.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Having a cookout? Need more grilling ideas? Check out these recipes, too!
- Shrimp Skewers with Garlic-Lime Marinade
- Spicy Grilled Pork Kebabs
- Grilled Tuna Tacos with Fresh Mango Salsa
- Delicious Greek Chicken Kebabs
- Grilled Salmon Kebabs