The savory aroma of this Skillet Chicken and Veggies sizzling in your pan will pervade your kitchen and make dinner guests go wild. Packed with clean, wholesome ingredients, this simple, protein-rich dish is the perfect staple to add to your cookbook.
These nutritional properties make quite a treasure chest of health benefits. Tender, crispy chicken meets juicy carrots and deliciously smooth potatoes in this skillet dish. The meat packs a protein punch while the veggies offer incredible nutrients like Vitamin B6, potassium, copper, and Vitamin C.
You only need one skillet to whip up this easy dish. This allows for no-stress prep and minimum clean up while yielding a wholesome meal with maximum flavor!
Yields: 4 servings | Calories: 240 | Total Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 374mg | Carbohydrates: 27g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Protein: 18g | SmartPoints: 7
- 2 chicken breast fillets, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium red potato, peeled and diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley, for garnish
- In a large saucepan add olive oil, over medium heat sauté chicken pieces until lightly golden. Add onion, potatoes and, carrots and continue cooking until tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Add garlic, vinegar, herbs, salt, and pepper, and sauté for 1 additional minutes.
- Sprinkle on parsley before serving.
More Easy Chicken and Veggies Recipes:
Subscribe to our newsletter so you don’t miss out on the latest SkinnyMs. updates! Like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
We’d love to hear what you think! Leave us a comment in the comments section below.