We all love finger foods—those delightful bite-sized foods we can enjoy whether we’re chatting with guests or balancing the checkbook. You don’t need to wreck your eating plan, though, just to enjoy a healthy snack that’s easy to eat. That’s why we’re sharing our favorite Skinny finger foods.
For many of us, the problem is that store and pantry shelves are packed with munchies that are bad for the body. Store-bought chips, for example, are often cooked with unhealthy fats. What’s more, many of them have too much added salt. Prepared appetizers, the kind found in the freezer section, can seem like a convenient finger food choice because they cut down on prep time; but often they feature too much salt, sugar, and chemical additives—not to mention calories. It can be a real challenge to find healthy recipes you can feel good about munching on.
That’s where these Skinny recipes and foods come in. The list below is filled with the low-calorie foods that provide maximum nutritional benefit without the excess calories that add weight and inches to the body. And, after all, calorie intake plays a big role in looking and feeling better. The safest way to achieve long-term weight loss is to combine regular exercise with proper calorie intake. (Learn more in 2 Ways to Calculate How Many Calories You Need.)
Our healthy recipes, whether it’s for these finger foods or our 15 Top-Rated Skinny Recipes, Under 200 Calories, will help you achieve weight loss or weight maintenance goals. The result? You will feel fabulous about nourishing your body with ingredients good for the muscles, heart, immune system, and, yes, even your brain. When you need finger foods that don’t make you feel guilty—or add numbers to the scale—check out the low-calorie recipes below.
Skinny Finger Foods:
1. Roll-ups– When it comes to healthy recipes, the roll-up is a finger food favorite. Layer crispy greens on top of a thin slice of lean turkey or chicken breast. Roll the meat, with the greens on the inside, for a filling finger food that can be enjoyed as an everyday snack or served to guests.
2. Veggies– Get your green on with these low-calorie foods. From sliced peppers to baby carrots, raw vegetables are a smart way to feed your body and your taste buds. Enjoy your snack with SkinnyMs. Ranch Dip or Creamy Avocado Dip.
This is one of our Skinny recipes perfect for serving as an appetizer. This mix of shredded chicken breast and tasty seasoning creates the perfect finger food—and 2 of them deliver just 221 calories.
4. Dried Fruit & Nut Mix– A quarter-cup of your favorite dried fruits and nuts is enough to provide filling protein plus healthy fats. Use no-sugar-added dried fruit to avoid adding excess sugar the waistline doesn’t need. This is a good snack to pack for busy days at work or running errands.
5. Whole-Grain Cinnamon Pita Chips– Reduce refined sugar from your diet with healthy recipes like this finger food. You’ll enjoy the natural goodness of cinnamon, honey, and whole-grain pita. This is a simple snack or appetizer, perfect for making for yourself or the whole gang.
6. Grilled Pizza with Mozzarella, Basil, and Tomato– Most people usually don’t think of pizza as finger food, but it’s actually a great way to serve healthy, bite-sized treats to the family or guests. Make this recipe, and then slice it into small squares for perfect finger-sized foods that look and taste delish.
7. Sliced Fruit– When it comes to low-calorie recipes for finger foods, they don’t come any simpler or sweeter than fruit, whether it is apple slices or orange segments. Try your favorite fruits with Skinny Peanut Butter-Yogurt Dip.
8. Chocolate-Covered Strawberries– What list of finger foods would be complete without a little chocolate treat? Two of these divine tidbits have just 139 calories and plenty of vitamin C and antioxidants—perfect for serving to guests, no matter if you’re hosting a play date with other parents or the book club meeting.
For more smart snacking ideas, check out 8 Weight Watchers Snacks with 3 Points or Less.