Who doesn't love nutella?
We know what you’re thinking. Nutella? Healthy? But, it’s true! By using 100% whole food ingredients, we’ve discovered a way to make your favorite spread a lot better for your waistline. We recommend using Bittersweet Chips because they have no refined sugar, but if you just can’t make the switch, at only 57 calories per serving, our Skinny Nutella Spread is still much better for you than the traditional variety. Spread our Skinny Nutella Spread on some toast, make a banana and Nutella sandwich, or use a little to dip your favorite fruit slices in. Any way you spread it, Skinny Nutella Spread is a deliciously sweet, tasty, and skinnier treat!
You might also like our Peanut Butter Yogurt Dip.
Skinny Nutella Spread - The Healthier Version
- 1 cup hazelnuts skinned
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup lite coconut milk optional almond milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- pinch of kosher or sea salt
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees. Evenly spread hazelnuts on a cookie sheet and roast approximately 15 minutes. Remove and wrap hot hazelnuts in a kitchen towel and allow to cool 10 minutes. Remove skins by rubbing with the kitchen towel. Discard skins.
- In a medium saucepan, add chocolate chips, milk, honey and salt, turn to low heat and heat until chips are completely melted. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly while preparing hazelnuts.
- Add hazelnuts to a food processor and pulse until a butter-like consistency...about 5 minutes. The nuts will have a slightly grainy consistency and that's okay, a little is fine. Add chocolate mixture to the food processor and pulse until well combined with hazelnut butter.
- Add nutella to a glass container, allow to cool completely, cover and refrigerate. Nutella will thicken after being refrigerated. This recipe makes approximately one pint.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms