We love this delicious pudding, and so will you!
Slow Cooker Brown Rice Pudding is a family favorite because it’s deliciously creamy, subtly sweet, and contains only natural sugars. It’s almost like eating Crème Brulee, but without all the fat! Made with brown rice, this twist on a traditional treat is good for your body, without sacrificing taste. We love to put some Brown Rice Pudding in dessert dishes, sprinkle on a little sucanat or coconut palm sugar, and broil it just long enough for it to melt and form a slight crust.
Slow Cooker Brown Rice Pudding
- 2/3 cup long grain brown rice My favorite for this recipe is Lundberg Long Grain Brown Rice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unrefined sweetener In this recipe we used coconut palm sugar. Other alternatives are sucanat and honey.
- 13 1/2 ounces lite coconut milk can
- 1 2/3 cup milk low-fat
- 2/3 cup raisins optional
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Add rice, cinnamon and sugar to the slow cooker, stir to combine. Add both milks, stir to combine, cover and cook on low 3-4 hours, or until rice is tender and desired thickness has been reached. Just before turning off the slow cooker, add vanilla and raisins, stir to combine, cover and allow to set about 10 minutes after the slow cooker has been turned off. Add additional cinnamon and raisins for garnish.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms