Rich in protein and omega-3's, this salad is a meal on its own!
This salad’s complementary flavors create a delicious, subtle dish with nutrients in every bite. The white meat, which is much healthier than its red counterpart, is grilled simply, rubbed with only extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Together, they create an Italian flair. As you throw together the rest of the ingredients in the bowl, you will inhale the aromatic smell of freshly grilled skinny chicken with balsamic vinegar and avocado. Like all our salads, this one is skinny eating at its best.
Grilled Chicken and Avocado Salad
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 avocados peeled and sliced
- 6 cups lettuce or any salad greens
- Rub the chicken with half of the extra virgin olive oil, half of the salt, and all the pepper.
- Over medium-high heat, on a very hot griddle, grill both sides of the chicken. While cooking, brush each side with half of the balsamic vinegar.
- When the chicken is cooked, chop them into smaller pieces.
- In a big salad bowl, mix the salad, avocados, chicken, the remaining extra virgin olive oil, salt, and balsamic vinegar.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
If you love salads, then you will love our other healthy salad recipes:
Make sure you subscribe to our newsletterso you don’t miss out anything on Skinny Ms.
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.