Bread pudding is sweet, indulgent, and delicious. Unfortunately, it is rarely a dessert listed on the diet menu. Our slow cooker pudding changes that with healthy ingredients and less saturated fat than what you find in most bread puddings. Best of all, it is made in the slow cooker, so it is just as convenient as it is healthy.
Slow cooker methods of cooking take a lot of the fuss out of preparing delicious recipes. Slow cooker meals can be prepped in just a few minutes and left to cook without supervision. They are great for busy weeknights, as well as for when you are entertaining. Imagine preparing a delicious dish and leaving the ingredients to cook in the slow cooker while you spend time with your guests. It is a hostess’s dream come true.
If you want to whip up a sweet, healthy dessert that is great for holiday entertaining or for when you are craving traditional comfort food, this bread pudding is an excellent option. The taste is satisfying enough that you will not feel the need to overindulge. It is one of the best slow cooker dessert recipes available and is sure to be a hit with your family or at your next holiday gathering.
You might also like one of these 73 Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes.
Minimum Slow Cooker Size: 4 quarts (for width, not height)
Yields: 8 Servings | Serving Size: 1/8 of the recipe (Just cut like you would a pie) | Calories: 182 | Total Fat: 2 gm | Cholesterol: 53 mg (you can lower this by using all egg whites) | Sodium: 192mg | Carbohydrates: 33gm | Protein: 8 gm | SmartPoints: 5 |
- 8 slices whole grain bread, no sugar added
- 3 cups milk (any kind of milk will work. I used almond milk)
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup honey (You can also use 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce and enough stevia to sweeten it to your liking.)
- 3 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons raisins (optional)
- Cut up your bread into small pieces.
- Mix all ingredients well in the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours. The liquid should be completely soaked up by the bread when it's done.