One bite of this creamy chocolate pudding dish, and you won’t believe it’s made from anything but cream and eggs. But you’d be wrong! Made from heart-healthy avocados, this spiced pudding recipe is sure to become a household favorite. Curry powder gives it pinch of heat, as well as some antioxidants, and the dates add both sweetness and fiber. If you’re looking for a healthy dessert, this guilt-free chocolate and avocado pudding will hit the spot.
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1/2 cup |Calories: 238| Total Fat: 16 g | Saturated Fat: 6 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 2 mg | Sodium: 16 mg | Carbohydrates: 25 g | Dietary Fiber: 7 g | Sugars: 15 g | Protein: 4 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 10
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 pitted dates
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mild curry powder
- 1 cup coconut milk from a carton
- Put all of the ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth. Slowly add the coconut milk until you have a creamy consistency. Refrigerate until thickened.
- To serve, top with fruit, chopped nuts or seeds, or shredded coconut.
Like what you see? Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from SkinnyMs. Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter.