Throw the takeout menu away because this chicken fried rice crockpot recipe is here to stay!
Ready for a simple slow cooker recipe that will satisfy your cravings for takeout in a healthier way? Of course you are– who wouldn’t be?! Start this chicken fried rice crockpot recipe ahead of time to serve up for an easy, nutrient-packed dinner (or side)! As far as slow cooker recipes go, it cooks ultra fast!
Crockpot Recipes for Stress-Free Evenings
Slow cooker recipes are simply the best way to get quick dinners and avoid those end-of-the-day thoughts of getting takeout. Don’t rely on Uber Eats tonight! Instead, you can have a simply delicious chicken fried rice ready to go when you get home. And, not only will it make your evening more relaxing, but cooking at home is also a great way to save money and stay healthy.
Our Favorite Restaurant Subs
Here at Skinny Ms., we love a good restaurant swap to satisfy your cravings and keep you on track toward your health goals. Simple flavors like soy sauce, sesame seeds, and green onion spice up this recipe and make it taste even fresher and lighter than the original restaurant version. And with all of its high protein, high-fiber, and low-fat ingredients, this recipe takes the cake when it comes to making a healthy choice.
High-Protein Fried Rice
This Asian fried rice recipe is packed with healthy, high-protein ingredients like lean chicken breast and nutrient-rich eggs. Not only are these ingredients high in protein, but they are lean proteins, as well, meaning that they are low in disease-associated saturated fat. Between those high protein components and the fiber-and-nutrient-rich veggies and brown rice, you’ve got yourself a healthy meal all in one plate!
“Fry” Up this Slow Cooker Chicken Fried Rice
Start by heating the sesame oil in a pan on medium heat. Once hot, add the chicken to the pan and sauté until it’s cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes. Once ready, remove the chicken and place it in the slow cooker. In the same pan, sauté the onion until translucent, about 5 minutes. Combine the chicken and onion with rice, pepper, and vegetables in the slow cooker. Add the remaining sesame oil to the ingredients, as well.
Heat the chicken and rice mixture on low for 1 hour or high for 30 minutes. In the meantime, scramble the egg and toss it in just before serving. Sprinkle on the sesame seeds and green onion once plated, and enjoy!
Chicken Fried Rice Crockpot Recipe
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 12 ounces chicken breast or thighs, boneless, skinless, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce, more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 cup frozen stir-fry vegetable mix
- 1 egg, large
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 stalks green onion, chopped
- Heat sesame oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Add chicken to the pan and sauté until cooked through, 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and place in the slow cooker. In the same pan, sauté onion until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Combine chicken and onion with rice, pepper, and vegetables. Scrape the pan and add the remaining sesame oil to the ingredients.
- Heat on low for 1 hour or high for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, scramble the egg and toss it in just before serving. Sprinkle on the sesame seeds and green onion before serving.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
If you enjoyed this chicken fried rice crockpot recipe you might also like to try:
- Balsamic Chicken Crockpot Recipe
- Slow Cooker Thai Chicken Noodle Soup
- Crockpot Skinny Lemon Chicken
- Healthy Orange Chicken Crockpot Recipe