If you’re looking for a new way to use your slow cooker, then you’ll love this slow cooker recipe for pumpkin cranberry granola. Chock full of nuts, and seeds, it’s lightly spiced with pumpkin pie spice and vanilla extract. It makes a great topping for fall fruit like apples, and goes well with yogurt. It’s also delicious eaten like cereal with a bowl of milk. Since you’re making it yourself, you can control the ingredients you use and customize it based on what you have on hand. Almost any type of nuts will work, and pure maple syrup is a great substitute for the honey. As this cooks, your house will smell deliciously like fall!
Yields: 24 servings | Serving Size: 1/2 cup | Calories: 223 | Total Fat: 10 g | Saturated Fat: 5 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 2 mg | Carbohydrates: 29 g | Dietary Fiber: 5 g | Sugars: 5 g | Protein: 7 g | SmartPoints: 8 |
- 5 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Add all ingredients to your slow cooker. Stir until coconut oil is melted and mixture is well coated.
- Cook on low heat for 2 hours, leaving the lid slightly open to allow moisture escape. Check it once or twice and stir. Allow to cool completely and store in an airtight container.
- OVEN DIRECTIONS: Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add melted oil, honey and vanilla, toss to coat dry ingredients. Spread evenly over a non-stick cookie sheet or a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Stir every 10 minutes. Bake approximately 30-35 minutes or until golden.
You might also like these 15 Cozy Soup Recipes for Fall.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.