Enjoy deliciously tender, slow cooked shredded beef for everything from Street Tacos to hearty Firehouse Chili. This Slow Cooker Everything Beef recipe is the perfect starter recipe for every braised beef dish you make!
Budget-friendly beef roast is cooked until it’s so tender, it melts into shreds. Slow cooked with oodles of garlic and olive oil, this recipe makes the perfect palate for every flavor combo ever. Top it with teriyaki sauce and rice, slather it in BBQ sauce, serve it with gravy and mashed potatoes, spoon it into lettuce wraps, or roll it into tacos and burritos. This meat is perfect for everything from Mexican and Asian to good old comfort food just like grandma used to make!
This is a great recipe to prep on Sundays so that you have meat ready for the rest of the week, and a delicious dish to prep and freeze so you have it for later. No matter how you make this recipe, you’ll love having it on hand!
Yields: 10 servings | Serving Size: 1/10 of recipe | Calories: 400 | Total Fat: 31 g | Saturated Fat: 11 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 124 mg | Sodium: 229 mg | Carbohydrates: 2 g | Dietary Fiber: 0 g | Sugars: 0 g | Protein: 27 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 13
- 1 (3-pound) beef roast, round or chuck
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup veggie or beef broth, no sugar added
- Place beef roast in a 4-quart slow cooker. Drizzle with olive oil, garlic, sea salt, and pepper. Pour veggie broth around the outside of the beef.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or on high from 6-8 hours.
- When the beef is extremely tender, remove it from the crockpot and shred with a fork.
- Serve in tacos, with your favorite gravy & mashed potatoes, stir it into chili, cook it into Shepherd's Pie, or top it with teriyaki sauce and serve it over brown rice for a Asian twist. Enjoy!
Do you love our Slow Cooker Everything Beef as much as we do? If so, we think you’ll also enjoy these beef recipes: