When the temperature drops, there’s nothing better than a bowl of delicious soup to warm you up. But this soup is a standout, with kale and potatoes as the main ingredients. Choose a sausage that delivers lean protein, such as turkey. This healthy and simple rustic soup has a lightly creamy consistency, which comes from blitzing half of the soup in the blender. Even when you’rewatching your calories, you can still enjoy bold flavors in your bowl.
Slow Cooker Kale and Sausage Soup
- 3 turkey sausages sliced (nitrate-free)
- 3 cups kale chopped
- 2 potatoes medium, peeled and diced
- 1 garlic clove halved
- 4 cups vegetable broth low sodium preferred
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper freshly cracked (or about 2 turns of the grinder)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Prick the sausages with the tip of a knife then brown them in a saucepan or a griddle with very little oil if needed over medium heat. When they are cooked through, slice them.
- In the slow cooker, put the sausages, potatoes, kale, broth, garlic and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low 4-5 hours or high 2 to 3 hours. After it is cooked, discard the garlic.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil before serving.
More Delicious Slow Cooker Soups to Try:
Make sure you subscribe to our newsletter so you don’t miss out anything on SkinnyMs.
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.