When the temperature drops, there’s nothing better than a bowl of delicious soup to warm you up. But this soup is a standout, with kale and potatoes as the main ingredients. Choose a sausage that delivers lean protein, such as turkey. This healthy and simple rustic soup has a lightly creamy consistency, which comes from blitzing half of the soup in the blender. Even when you’rewatching your calories, you can still enjoy bold flavors in your bowl.
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe/ about 2 cups | Calories: 375 | Total Fat: 14 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 29 mg | Sodium: 339 mg | Carbohydrates: 48 g | Dietary Fiber: 6 g | Sugars: 5 g | Protein: 16 g | SmartPoints: 11
- 3 turkey sausages, sliced (nitrate-free)
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 4 cups vegetable broth, low sodium preferred
- 1/4 teaspoon (or about 2 turns of the grinder) freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Prick the sausages with the tip of a knife then brown them in a saucepan or a griddle with very little oil if needed over medium heat. When they are cooked through, slice them.
- In the slow cooker, put the sausages, potatoes, kale, broth, garlic and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low 4-5 hours or high 2 to 3 hours. After it is cooked, discard the garlic.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil before serving.
More Delicious Slow Cooker Soups to Try:
Make sure you subscribe to our newsletter so you don’t miss out anything on SkinnyMs.
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.