Good home cooking is difficult when your schedule is hectic. And that’s when the magic of slow cookers saves the day. Leave the ingredients to simmer in the morning, and come back to a full meal when you return home. This chowder is comfort food with less fat, because we replaced the cream with Greek yogurt. Don’t worry about fat and calories as you enjoy a good, warm bowl of this chowder.
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1/6th of total recipe | Calories: 305 | Total Fat: 4 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 4 mg | Sodium: 176 mg | Carbohydrates: 59 g | Dietary Fiber: 7 g | Sugars: 11 g | Protein: 11 g | SmartPoints: 10
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 cups leeks, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups whole kernel corn
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, low-fat
- 1 teaspoon chives, finely chopped (for garnish, optional)
- Combine all of the ingredients in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or on high 3-4 hours. Add the yogurt and stir until incorporated. For a creamy consistency use an immersion blender.
- Garnish with the chives, if using.
Make the most of your slow cooker with these other great skinny slow cooker recipes at SkinnyMs.
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.