Warm up to this skinny chowder recipe!
Good home cooking is difficult when your schedule is hectic. And that’s when the magic of slow cookers saves the day. Leave the ingredients to simmer in the morning, and come back to a full meal when you return home. This chowder is comfort food with less fat, because we replaced the cream with Greek yogurt. Don’t worry about fat and calories as you enjoy a good, warm bowl of this chowder.
Slow Cooker Potato, Leek, & Corn Chowder
- 2 pounds potatoes peeled and quartered
- 2 cups leeks coarsely chopped
- 2 cups whole kernel corn
- 4 cups vegetable broth low-sodium
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup Greek yogurt low-fat
- 1 teaspoon chives finely chopped, for optional garnish
- Combine all of the ingredients in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or on high 3-4 hours. Add the yogurt and stir until incorporated. For a creamy consistency use an immersion blender.
- Garnish with the chives, if using.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.