Got 10 minutes? Then you have time to prepare this slow-cooker recipe. Our Slow Cooker Polynesian Chicken is a healthy spin on a favorite chicken and rice dish served at restaurants. The recipe is cleaned up and includes whole grains, protein, and fresh, healthy fruits and vegetables. Best of all, its sweet taste will have your family requesting this dish at least once a week.
Get Out of Your Chicken Rut
Chicken can be one of the healthiest ingredients in your kitchen, but finding great chicken recipes that are both tasty and good for your health can be tough. Many healthy chicken recipes are bland and dry, bleh. Meanwhile, those that taste great are sometimes filled with processed ingredients or full of fat and calories (sigh). But it doesn’t have to be that way! At SkinnyMs., we provide a wide selection of chicken dishes that are tasty and made with healthy ingredients. This means you never need to worry about what to do with the chicken in your freezer or refrigerator before it spoils, and you definitely won’t get stuck preparing the same meals over and over again.
Sweet, savory, and beyond easy to prepare, this Slow Cooker Polynesian Chicken is the prefect go-to chicken recipe to mix up your weeknight rotation. Under 300 calories, this easy dinner packs plenty of protein and big flavor into a light and healthy meal.
More Than One Way to Prep and Serve
Typically, you’ll find juicy Polynesian chicken recipes like this one served with rice. If you’re looking to go the traditional route, keep things clean with a bed of healthy brown rice. Alternately, you can also serve this Slow Cooker Polynesian chicken over quinoa for a fun and tasty (not to mention protein-packed) twist. If you’re looking to keep your meal under the 300 calorie mark, this sweet and savory chicken is also delicious served over fresh steamed broccoli or riced cauliflower.
No matter how you serve it, this Slow Cooker Polynesian Chicken recipe is an easy, delicious, and healthy dinner you’ll definitely want to add to your weeknight meal rotation.
Yields: 6 | Serving Size: 1 Cup | Calories: 255 | Total Fat: 7 g | Saturated Fats: 2 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 24 mg | Sodium: 468 mg | Carbohydrates: 31 g | Dietary fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 16 g | Protein:18 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 4 |
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless (about 1.5 pounds), cut into 2" cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and seeded, sliced into 1-inch strips
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in natural juice
- 2 tablespoons Tamari, optional Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or arrow root
- A 4-7 quart slow-cooker is recommended.
- Pour juice from canned pineapple chunks into a small mixing bowl. Add to juice, Bragg Liquid Aminos (or soy sauce), garlic, ginger and honey, whisk to combine. Add cornstarch and stir until combined.
- Place chicken in slow cooker, add pineapple chunks. Pour pineapple mixture over chicken, cover and cook on low 4-5 hours. Add bell peppers the last 15 minutes of cook time. Serve chicken over a bed of quinoa or brown rice.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.