This extra-moist chicken is perfect for sandwiches or as the main course. The secret to sealing in moisture of chicken before slow-cooking, is revealed in this recipe. The slow cooker used for this recipe was the Set ‘n Forget with a meat thermometer that automatically switches to warm when the desired internal temperature is reached. So there is no more over or under cooking meats with the Set ‘n Forget slow cooker…my new best friend!
RECIPE SIGNUP: If you’re interested in receiving the newest and best Slow Cooker recipes via email from SkinnyMs., signup here: daily eNewsletter Signup.
Slow Cooker Pomegranate Chicken Breasts
- 1 1/2 ro 2 pounds boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 1/2 cups pomegranate juice no sugar added
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- In a small mixing bowl combine all the herbs and spices.
- Whisk together in a large mixing bowl the herbs, spices and the extra virgin olive oil. Rinse chicken, pat dry with a paper towel. Coat chicken with the herb and oil mixture, place in the slow-cooker. Note: this method of rubbing olive oil on the chicken before adding to the slow-cooker helps to seal in the moisture.
- Whisk together in a medium mixing bowl Dijon mustard, honey, minced garlic, pomegranate juice and balsamic vinegar...pour over chicken.
- Turn slow cooker to low and cook 4 - 6 hours on low. After chicken is done remove from the slow cooker, place on a serving platter and drizzle with liquid. This extra moist chicken pairs nicely with a small side of pasta. If using the Set 'n Forget Slow Cooker, program the temperature to 165 degrees or follow the manufacturer's instructions.