If you want to use pumpkin a little differently this fall, our Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chili is a must! We’ve used black beans for meatless protein, but feel free to add cooked ground turkey or beef if you prefer a version with meat. This chili is loaded with flavor from the vegetables, peppers, pumpkin, and a unique blend of spices. Best of all, it’s insanely easy to make, since you only have to throw everything in a slow cooker and walk away for a few hours.
We know putting pumpkin in your chili sounds crazy, but see for yourself! Make up a batch this weekend and serve with cornbread and brown rice. We know you’ll love it!
6 cups | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 214 | Total Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 841mg | Carbohydrates: 43g | Fiber: 16g | Sugar: 11g | Protein: 12g | SmartPoints: 7
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 (14 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, veins and seeds removed and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Add everything to your slow cooker and stir to combine. Cook on low for 5 to 6 hours or high for 2 to 3 hours. Serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt or topped with avocado slices.
Other recipes to try:
What are your pumpkin recipe plans for the fall? Trying something totally new? Let us know in the comments section below!