These aromatic Indian flavors are to die for!
When it comes to curry, the recipe possibilities are endless! This combination of red lentils and spicy red curry is just delicious and incredibly simple to prepare. Once the ingredients are tossed into your slow cooker and before you know it, the aromas of India have filled your kitchen. It’s a slow cooker recipe your whole family will love.
If you are new to cooking lentils, have no fear! With very little effort, these legumes offer awesome nutritional benefits. They are excellent sources of fiber and protein, are low in calories, and contain almost zero fat.
Slow Cooker Red Lentil Curry
- 2 cups red lentils
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 teaspoons garam masala found in the spice section or see below for recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 25 ounces tomatoes can, pureed
- 1 teaspoon salt or more to taste
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup coconut milk
- green onions garnish
- rice to serve
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamon
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Rinse the lentils and discard any bad ones.
- To your slow cooker, add the onions, garlic, ginger, cumin, curry paste, garam masala, and turmeric. Stir well.
- Pour tomatoes over the lentil mixture in the crockpot. Re-fill the can with water and add to the slow cooker. (Make sure that the lentils are covered with liquid!)
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours until the lentils are soft. Add salt to taste and coconut milk just before serving.
- If desired, serve Red Lentil Curry over a bed of brown rice or quinoa. Top with fresh mint.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.