Fall-off-the-bone goodness right in your slow cooker.
“Incredibly good, fall-off-the-bone chicken.” That’s our favorite compliment of every rave review we received when we recently served this delectable chicken dish. In fact, since the chicken becomes so tender during the cooking process, it needs to be transferred to each plate with extra care. The secret behind our tender, melt-in-your-mouth chicken is our trusty, reliable slow cooker. Heating the chicken for four hours brings a remarkable texture to the meat in this slow cooker chicken recipe.
Of course, slow cooker meals are notorious for their ease of preparation, and this one is no exception. This sticky garlic chicken recipe does require one simple step before starting up the slow cooker, and another step afterward. Simply brown the chicken in a saucepan before placing it in the slow cooker, and after it is finished cooking, thicken the sauce for another five minutes in a saucepan. These two steps make an incredible difference in the taste of the finished dish, making the chicken and the sauce more flavorful.
Adults and kids alike go crazy for this garlic chicken, so you can count on it as a winner at your family’s kitchen table. Serve it with whole grain rice for a complete meal that pleases every time.
Slow Cooker Sticky Garlic Chicken
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken thighs skin removed if purchased with skin on, bone-in is fine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds divided
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce low-sodium, optional tamari
- 1/4 cup honey raw
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Rub the chicken with the salt and half of the pepper. Over medium to high heat in a skillet with olive oil, brown both sides of the chicken. Transfer the chicken to the slow cooker then sprinkle with1 tablespoon of sesame seeds.
- In a small bowl, whisk the soy sauce, honey, lemon juice, garlic, and the remaining pepper.
- Pour the soy sauce mixture over chicken. Cook on low 6 hours or high for 4 hours. Chicken is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Separate the chicken from the liquid then pour the liquid in a small saucepan. Over low heat, cook the liquid with the cornstarch until it thickens. Pour the sauce on the chicken before serving then sprinkle the remaining sesame seeds.
- This chicken dish goes perfectly over a bed of steamed brown rice or quinoa.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Here are more amazing slow cooker chicken recipes to check out:
Find out what makes our Facebook and Pinterest so popular by joining our community of followers! And stay up to date on recipes, workouts, and other healthy lifestyle tips by subscribing to our newsletter.
We love to hear from our readers! Please comment on this post and let us know what you think!