Eating clean doesn’t mean restricting yourself to uninspiring ingredients. It’s quite the opposite. Eating whole, fresh ingredients allows you to discover new flavors that add to our palates’ enjoyment. Once you take away the unnecessary ingredients that aren’t healthy for you, you are free to enjoy the clean, fresh flavors of those that nourish you. The best way to show how much we love our bodies is to take care of them with clean, healthy eating.
Vegetable salads are a terrific way to combine healthy and delicious ingredients. Be creative and mix them with nuts (nutritional powerhouses) or a moderate amount of good cheese. Enjoy our mixture of snow peas, pine nuts, honey, and Pecorino cheese on your next salad plate!
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 3/4 cup | Calories: 178 | Total Fat: 9 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 5 mg | Sodium: 88 mg | Carbohydrates: 21 g | Dietary Fiber: 3 g | Sugars: 10 g | Protein: 5 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 7
- 1 pound snow peas, ends taken away and halved
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- Pecorino cheese, shaved
- Fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Round crackers, small crackers or cracker pieces (optional)
- On medium heat, in a saucepan with extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle the paprika in the oil then toss for one minute.
- Add the snowpeas then sautè them for five minutes. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Transfer the snowpeas to the serving plate. Drizzle with the honey.
- Add the pine nuts and the Pecorino cheese.
- Garnish with basil and crackers if using.
These salads are great too!
If you like everything that you see in SkinnyMs., subscribe to our newsletter and never miss out on the latest recipes, clean eating and healthy living. We are also active in Facebook and Pinterest where you can like our pages and follow us with the latest updates.
Don’t forget to leave us a word or two at the comments section below. Thanks!